Translate

03 november, 2010

Winter time *** Talverõõmud

Private Collection (erakogust)

All seasons are my favorites, but in winter, I celebrate my birthday, and it's Christmas time! Birthdays seem to become less important as the numbers grow, and the stress of organizing them increases, haha. I remember as a child, I counted down the days until my next birthday because I loved having a big cake, dressing up, receiving presents, and having all my friends around to play and dance with. The dearest present of them all so far has been a big piece of junk - thick green glass. It was wrapped up like candy. It was from my friend Rain; he found it, and I just couldn't take my eyes off it, and voila, he was so nice to give it to me. My family moved a lot when I was a child. Well, I gained more friends out of it, so all good 😊. At one stage, both of my best friends were boys (Kalev and Rain), so I was doing something different: climbing trees, building little houses, putting deodorants into the fire – don’t try that at home as the "Mythbusters" usually say - we threw it in a pile of smoking ash, and after a minute, this steaming burning bottle flew out right to Kalev's foot, and he started screaming, someone came out of the house and started shouting at us, and we all had to run! All very exciting, haha. I have lost contact with both of them now, but Rain has turned out to be a famous inventor.

Christmas. In the beginning of the Soviet Union, Christmases were abandoned; you were not allowed to have a Christmas tree, etc. People still celebrated them in secret, with windows all covered up. Then, when I was born, times changed, and we had 2 Santas, one with a red cloak and one with blue. Red was Nääridvana, and Blue was Jõuluvana (Santa Claus). Children my age had presents and a Christmas tree. Näärid was a very joyful and playful season; Christmas, in my opinion, is more serious. In my family, we celebrate both Christmas and Näärid. The latter one starts after Christmas, peaks at New Year's Eve, and ends on 6th January. Blue Santa disappeared a long time ago. Churches are packed on Christmas Eve. Going to church every Sunday is not very common in Estonia, but during the old times, Estonians used to go to church often. The Soviet Union restricted religion. Somehow, the Christmas Eve tradition remained.


I love Christmas decorations and snow. I enjoy spending time with my friends, family, and all the people celebrating the holidays at the same time. I admire the special food served during the holiday season. I like writing Christmas cards to my loved ones - one of my traditions is to write my own Christmas poem each year. I just finished this year’s poem yesterday.

***
Mulle meeldivad kõik aastaajad, aga lemmikuks on talv, sest siis on jõulud ja mu sünnipäev :)! Lapsena oli sünnipäev kuidagi olulisem kui ta on nüüd. Siis sai loetud päevi, tunde ja minuteid - maitsev tort, ilus kleit, kallid sõbrad ja ilusad kingitused ju ootasid. Nüüd on ka see kõik olemas, aga siis oli kokatädiks emme, aga nüüd olen ise :P.

Jõuludel tuleb ka kokata, aga see on kuidagi mõnus kui toas on hapukapsa ja kringli lõhn :).

Iga-aastane traditsioon on mul ka kallitele jõulukaarte saata ja tavaliselt kirjutan selleks jõululuuletuse.

2012-aasta jõulusalm:

Punap6sksed 6unad salves juba ammu,
Peedid-kaalid-porknad annavad meil rammu.
Luiged l2inud – lumi taga,
Metsakoopas karu magab.
J2lle k2es on tali!
Polegi vist nali?
Tuiskab j2lle nii mis maru,
Ymber ajab mesitarud.
Mesilinnud p22stetud,
V2iksed elud s22stetud.
V2lja toodud kelgud-suusad,
K2ima pandud jalad-puusad,
Valges lumes tuhiseme,
omaette nohiseme.

“Kyll on tore – puhkus k2es”!,
Ytleb Anni r66muv2es.
S2ra silmis, naerul suu,
S6idab vastu kuusepuud.
Polegi see kisa suur,
Hoopis viga j6ulupuul.
Jalalt katki ragiseb.
Uhkes kuues j6ulukuusk,
Lisaks veel ka poolik suusk,
Koorem ruttu koju sai,
Emme tegi Annil pai.
Kuusk sai s2rav, kaunis, helge.
T2hteist helkiv taevas selge.
J6ulud tulid nagu ikka,
S88gid, joogid, ootmist pikka.
Nii kui tulid l2bi said
Ootme n22re l6busaid
Vana aasta kulus ruttu
Uuel aastal kolmest tuttu
Kaardid, kingid, maiustused,
Soovid, musid kallistused
K6ike vaja ikka rohkem
Kadund nutt ja pikad ohked.
Aga juhtus sama siin,
N22rid l2ind ja n22riviin
Mis siis nyyd on suures plaanis
Lihav6tted ajasaanis!

Kena päeva!

Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar